Last week prior to Feb 14, my 5 year old had a wonderful idea unto herself that I wanted to share with you all. (I personally think this was divinely inspired). When making our breakfast tapioca crepes and talking about making our valentines, my little one mentions she wants to give my “mom friends” valentines too. She got right to work cutting and coloring. Then she asked if I could write down the crepe recipe on one side of her valentine card. How ingenius! I should have manufactured more, but the one was all we completed that day. However now, I can share this simple recipe with you all.
We use this recipe about two or three times per month. We make a double batch and store extras in the refrigerator or in cupboard. They are eaten quickly.
- 1 c. tapioca flour
- 1 c. coconut milk (canned)
- 1 egg (or flax egg)
- Mix ingredients together.
- Pour about ¼ cup batter on nonstick pan. Tilt pan around to ensure thinning of crepe.
- Cook on low to medium. Flip when edges are dry.
- Store between wax paper with extra flour to prevent sticking.
Favorite ways to use these crepes for:
- almond butter and jelly / or honey
- lunchmeat and lettuce
- melted Daiya cheese (DF quesadillas!)
- warm leftovers with melted cheese or chopped avocado (Mom’s choice)
- fresh fruit and yogurt
I hope you all had a lovely Valentine’s Day with your loved ones. We sure did!