How to get my bread-fix?! Chebe Rolls! These are naturally gluten free and grain free. They use manioc (tapioca) flour.
While this isn’t really an original recipe, I do make these “Chebe Rolls” with and without eggs. The eggless rolls are sometimes chewier, but make sure you bake them thoroughly.
The directions on the box call for 2 eggs. When I don’t want to add eggs to my diet, I use 1/4 cup of warm water mixed with 1 tablespoon of Gelatin (Great Lakes, unflavored). It doesn’t necessarily smell good as you mix it, but it really is tasteless in the recipe and it binds the baked good that I am making. So it works as a substitute for egg.
- 1 box Chebe mix (or 1 + 3/4 cups of Chebe dry mix from bulk)
- 1 T gelatin (Great Lakes brand)
- 1/4 water, warm
- 2 T avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk (coconut, almond, cashew, etc)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and knead together well.
- Form 5-6 small balls on baking sheet. Flatten.
- Bake for 18-20 min.