- 5+ cups coconut flakes/chips unsweetened, 5c.= 10 oz. bag
- 1 cup banana chips unsweetened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup may use up to 1/2 c if you want more sweetness
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried blueberries (or can use other dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Melt coconut oil in glass measuring cup in microwave. I add maple syrup to same measuring cup and heat a little more, just so liquid is easily stirred into dry ingredients later. Stir in salt, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Put coconut flakes and banana chips in large bowl.
- Pour oil mixture into the coconut mixture. Mix well with a big spoon.
- Transfer granola onto baking sheet, arranging it in one even layer. Place baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake granola for 25-30 minutes until dry and golden (you want it crisp, but do not let it burn). Rotate the pan if the granola is browning unevenly.
- (JMM: I bake 15min, then toss, then second 15min to finish browning.)
- Place the pan on a cooling rack and let the granola cool completely – it crisps further as it cools.
- Once cooled, break the granola apart into whatever sized chunks you prefer. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Share this Recipe