It is St. Patrick’s for our 3rd Lenten Lunch! So our Lenten Lunch should take on a GREEN color, of course! However some of the green was not as apparent as you may think!
- grain-free tortillas (made from GREEN plantains)
- many fixin’s for these tortillas…
- mushrooms sauteed in Salsa VERDE sauce (lots of garlic!)
- GREEN cilantro, GREEN spinach leaves, GREEN pickles
- salmon cakes
- whipped chocolate pudding (made from GREEN avocados… not that you can tell OR taste!)
- star fruit (thanks to one leprechaun who really likes this item! … but don’t eat the seeds he tells us.)
We prayed our Latin “Benedic Domine” blessing prayer and dug in. The salmon cakes were delish and formed in a shape to be used with the tortillas. We stayed within the Lenten fasting of no meats, no matter if St. Patrick’s Day or not. However this was not a problem for us. So many great GREEN foods to choose from; no one was hungry after!
We also had our courtier/leprachaun announce “The Queen” under her parasol… 🙂