Green plantains make the best tasting tortillas. Once they get yellow or black, their taste and texture changes quite a bit. These tortillas are best when plantains are as green as you see in this photo.
- 3 green plantains plantains, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup water warm
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel plantains by quartering them first, then peeling. Chop up plantain into slices for easier blending.
- In a good blender or food processer, blend plantains, oil, water, salt, baking soda. Mixture should be smooth.
- On baking sheets covered with parchment paper, spread out 6 tortillas per baking sheet. Tortillas should be to 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake 15-20 min. (I sometimes rotate them in oven after 10min.) They may change to a darker color, but they still taste the same.
- When first out of oven, they are pliable and can be filled with savory fillings right away. If saving til later, then stack between parchment paper and store in refrigerator. To reheat, I use a toaster oven.
Share this Recipe